“A method of study for a globally recognized qualification without the need to attend classes on campus is called Online Learning or eLearning.” An online course is the one that you take without meeting a teacher in classroom. Online programs allow students to study at their own pace. You can study an online course at home or at work wherever you like in a prescribed time frame. Online courses have a fixed schedule, and they are usually delivered over a 14 week period.
Here are the advantages of Online Learning:
- Online courses can be accessed by students from their homes and office.
- You save money as you do not have to travel to college for online education.
- Online courses perfectly fit into life, family, and work schedule.
- Online courses save students from class distractions.
- Students enrolled in an online course can ask questions spontaneously.
- Students can approach and reach instructors.
- Students can access an online course round the clock.
- Online courses are less intimidating than a classroom based course.
- Online programs give students the opportunity to improve their technology and internet skills.
- Online programs accommodate different learning styles using various deliver methods.
Is Online Learning For You?
If you want to study at your own pace in the comfort of your home or office, or you live at a far-fling area, then online courses are for you. Online learning is a convenient way to take a course, and online courses are not for everyone. There are students who find it hard to study independently, and they need the face to face interaction with the instructor and fellow students in a classroom setting. Online learning students should have self-discipline and excellent reading, writing, and analytical skills.
About Online Programmes
Online programmes are of identical value to on-campus programmes in terms of entry criteria and overall workload. The only difference between the two is the way these methods are delivered. Students can acquire an internationally recognized degree from colleges and institutions by enrolling for an online degree program. Students with internet connection can study an online course. Students have the flexibility and convenience to study an online course. Students enrolled in online course can become a part of affluent and diverse online community.
Online programmes are designed for students in a way to help them complete their courses on time. Best online programmes deliver the content of programme and opportunities to interact with other students in different ways. A number of platforms are used by best online programmes to deliver content to students, and allow students to interact with other students. Platforms may include one or more of the following: Virtual Learning Environment, Wikis, Blogs, Discussion Boards & Forums, Video Streaming Services, and Virtual World.
You can also become a part of varied online network of fellow students from around the world by enrolling for an online course. Discussion boards, blogs, and online tutorials make online courses interactive; therefore, students happily take an online course.